14.02.2011 - 14.02.2011 35 °F
Just in case there was any doubt as to what the next 8 months is all about.
You know you're a triathlete when....
- You have peed outdoors more times in the last year than you did in your first year of college.
- You call a 5 mile run an easy day.
- After you meet someone and they tell you they race, you go home and check online to see what age group they’re in and what their times are.
- You plan vacations around where your next race will be.
- You use the words "easy" and "long run" in the same sentence.
- You not only eat gels, but you know the best flavors for every brand.
- You know what I mean by “eat gels”.
- Your bike is worth more than your car.
- There's a separate load of laundry every week that is just your workout clothes.
- You failed high school chemistry but you could teach a course on lactic acid.
- You keep your bike in the living room.
- When asked how old you are, you answer 25-29
- Your first thought when you wake up is how high your rest HR is.
- You go to sleep at 10:00 pm because you're going for a long ride the next day.
- Your bath towel is never dry.
- You feel like you took the day off because all you did was swim 3000 yards.
- When non-racer friends tell you they ran/rode you automatically calculate their pace to see if you're still in better shape.
- The kids in your youth group tell you that when they smell chlorine, they think of you...
- The front hall of your apartment is the 'transition area'
- You can't change the oil on your car but you could dissemble and reassemble your race bike in under an hour.
- Zero knowledge of changing a car tire - but sometimes while watching a movie you time yourself in changing bike tubes.
- Youtube's purpose is to watch race clips and to see a courses terrain.
- You look at the thermometer and see its 20 degrees...change into thicker gloves and head out on your run.
- You don't need to paint your toenails; they're already different colors.
- You've swam in places nobody should swim, ever. (I.e. The Hudson, or the Merrimac.....)
- You show up to work every monday with faded race numbers written all over your arms and legs.
- When you meet the opposite sex you see:
a. A possible training partner.
b. A possible search and rescue team.
c. A possible race director.
d. A possible source of race entry fees.
e. A possible source of cardio cross-training.
- When you see triathlon bumper sticker on car, you speed up to look at the person and say out loud....
a. If they can do it I can do it.
b. I could soooo beat that person....
c. Damn, they look fast.....
d. Ha. This ain't their car....
If that didn't make you....
a. explosive laugh.
b. nod your head with a big goofy grin on. Or
c. shake your head and smirk.
....then you probally
a. are not a triathlete.
b. don't have a family member who races. Or
c. are not dating a triathlete.
2 weeks & 4 Days: Draft Legal Clermont Triathlon
1 1/2 weeks: Living in the new AMAZING condo w/ Ms. Lauren!!!!
10 Hours: Swim Workout
12 Hours: Circuit Training
Quote of the Day:
"We become what we think about all day. Focus your energy on greatness."
Here's to Peace, Montana Huckleberry Hammer Gel, & Two Weeks Till Race Day,